Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Live : LUCIUS secret house show

lucius music

I have never experienced a secret house show quite like the one I went to this past Sunday.
Here's a short run-down:
1) It was last-minute
2) I found out from Facebook
3) I had no idea what I was getting myself into
4) There were tiki torches that lit the pathway to the house
5) Lights and thought-out decor and little bits but also BYOB (which is the way we like it in ATX)
Thanks to my best friend, I forced myself to go, by myself, and as Tim Riggins says, "No regrets."

Lucius had me sold when I saw them perform "Turn It Around" as the last song of their set at Club Deville at SXSW 2013. To top it off, I watched their NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert and I think it's one of the best Tiny Desk Concerts to date. I've already written about them, but I can't help it- I love Lucius. A lot. Their upcoming full-length album debut is coming in 2 weeks (?) and I cannot wait. 

The harmonizing, the perfect percussion, whammy wham guitar, shaker, etc., I have been listening to their EP non-stop since March. Like their NPR Tiny Desk Concert, this house show was stripped-down Lucius, which is sometimes better than when artists have all of their equipment. "Don't Just Sit There" and their stripped-down rendition of "Genevieve" are stellar. October 15 will be a great day. 

PRO TIP: Always go to a Lucius show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment