Monday, September 5, 2011

Video Frenzy

I love Vimeo. Here are some videos that I have saved for this very special occasion. Enjoy.
His voice is so raw. The video is strong and so beautiful. Spoken word and music. I have never seen anything quite like it.
I want to write about this San Diegan band soon. (Fun fact: everyone in the band except Darla the drummer are actually from the Pacific Northwest.) This music video was put on repeat after I watched it. So artistically thought out. Habitat House (where the video was shot) is a venue that I hope to visit someday. The Tree Ring, check them out.
Kopecky Family Band. I discovered them via my friend Hannah via NPR Tiny Desk Concerts. They stole my ears the moment they started playing and it goes the same for this very friendly video. Or at least, that's how I would describe it. It marries a lot of bands that I listen on my iPod, a listeners' dream right?
Spoon. If any of you don't see them at Fun Fun Fun Fest, you will regret it for the rest of your life...or until they decide to tour again. La Blogotheque captured the rock essence of Britt Daniels, Jim Eno, Rob Pope, and Eric Harvey in such a cool place in Paris, France. La Blog's Take Away Shows are some of my favorite. Did you know that they're Austinites?

No comments:

Post a Comment