Monday, September 12, 2011

Austin Shows : The National w/ Local Natives

The National just announced their tour starting in November with various bands taking turns opening for them: bands like The Walkmen, Wye Oak, Local Natives, Neko Case, the War on Drugs, Sharon Van Etten and So Percussion are on the bill.
Once upon a time last year during ACL 2010, I was in a dilemma. Broken Bells and Local Natives were in the same time slot and I couldn't go to both. I wanted to stick to just choosing one. By recommendation of a friend's cousin (I believe), I was told that Local Natives do not disappoint so I went to that show. And they were right. I went and saw them again earlier this year and it was as special as it was at ACL, just a different environment is all. I highly recommend going to a show w/ Local Natives, or any of the other opening bands for that matter. I'd love to see Wye Oak or Sharon Van Etten.
The show in Austin is on December 4th at the Austin Music Hall, tickets go on sale for e-listers on September 22 and for the public on September 23.
Here is another one of my favorite La Blogotheque Take Away Shows:

No comments:

Post a Comment