Friday, June 3, 2011

Old Crow Medicine Show : O.C.M.S.

I was lucky enough to see Old Crow Medicine Show during their "Railroad Revival Tour" when they also traveled with Mumford & Sons, and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. Now to be honest, I had never heard of OCMS, I was really only going to see Mumford; I tried listening to the album O.C.M.S. but it just wasn't clicking with me. They are definitely entertainers and they sounded great live. It only made the show better when members from the other bands collaborated in some of their songs. I left the concert speechless, hoping that I will live to see another opportunity like this (I've got time). But as I sit here writing this post, it's because of how much I have come to appreciate OCMS. Folksy it is, and sometimes people can't take the bluegrass part of it but oh how hearty it sounds to my ears. I've got to hand it to them, when they play "Wagon Wheel", all you want to do is join arms with the people you love around a fire pit and sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment