Friday, April 22, 2011

Ellie Goulding : Lights

{Excuse my constant editing while I try to find my way around building this music blog, I am going to try some different things but it will smooth out eventually}





So I have been going into a sort of 'Girl Power music phase' lately. What I mean by that is - from listening and loving Florence + The Machine; I have gone and listened to more female artists such as Adele, Oh Land, and most recently Ellie Goulding. Most of the female artists I just mentioned are relatively young like Adele, who is only 22 and is already making her way to the top of the music charts with her powerful & soulful album, '21'.

But I want to talk about Ellie Goulding and her album called Lights which was later re-released as Bright Lights. Only 24 but she is already playing at Coachella and just made her American TV debut on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' rocking out with her wild hair and melodic pop beats. In her anthem that talks of loneliness and calls for someone to hold', "Home", the song is a slow buildup to the chorus. It's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment