Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 2013 : Music Haul



I'm posting this early because I'm not sure if I will have internet access on the 31st. I'll be somewhere in the woods, listening to Lord Huron, probably drinking.

From November to December: 

  • Wet. Can't get enough of their EP. Please give me more, there are only 4 tracks + that video from Fader Fort. 
And that's pretty much it...if I was choosing from last month's options. I'm trying to refrain myself from documenting giant lists. 

In December, I've been listening to:

  • Mutual Benefit. I wrote a whole blog post devoted to Mutual Benefit below if you want to read it. Trust me, this album is perfect and you have to listen to it. It's probably one of the best albums of 2013. 
  • Andrew Belle. So many Chris Martin vibes. "Pieces." 
  • Ski Lodge. This band is so The Smiths-esque. The song "I Can't Tell" is when I saw parallels and it's my favorite track. But they're pretty pop-y  
  • Childish Gambino. Whilst trying to expand my running playlist, my friend sent me Childish Gambino's new album because of the internet. "II. WORLDSTAR" has a good running tempo. 
  • Odesza. Speaking of good running tempo, Odesza. That's all. Have you heard "Don't Stop" or "IPlayYouListen"? You haven't? You're running wrong probably. 

Revisited arists: 

  • Bastille. Love
  • Lucius. LOVE
  • Little Daylight. Also, love
  • Lord Huron. Love, love, love. This is perfect road trip music BTW. 
If you get a chance to see any of these artists live, you should. 

Singles:

These tracks are really catchy...and I will always post about Bent Denim, I have a soft spot for them. 

Shit, can you believe it's the end of 2013? 

No comments:

Post a Comment