Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Florence + The Machine : Ceremonials

Let me just say it: I love it. A lot.
Florence Welch, you are a power house of vocals. Since the announcement of this sophomore album, there has been lots of anticipation and quite a bit of expectations. Now there are some naysayers saying that she has steered away from her first album Lungs but she mentioned in an interview that Lungs was more of a scrapbook of her sounds and Ceremonials is more concentrated on the tone of songs like 'Cosmic Love' and 'Blinding'. I like that she chose to be more focused and thought out, I also thought it was clever that she used scrapbook to describe Lungs because that is exactly what it was with songs; varying from the aggressive 'Kiss With A Fist' to the more haunting 'Blinding'. Ceremonials will present different feelings depending on who you are she also mentioned in an interview. What is it to me? I think it's haunting, gospel-like, heavenly, heavy, and intense. One of my favorite songs is 'Never Let Me Go'.
She recently performed 'No Light, No Light' on 'Later With Jools Holland', take a look. Buy her album on amazonmp3 or iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment