Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blind Pilot : We Are The Tide

Tuesday is here and after streaming the album constantly on NPR, I finally have the mp3's in my possession and they lay rest in my iTunes. Blind Pilot's sophomore, We Are The Tide, has turned out to be a pleasantly wonderful album. Amazingly consistent with their first one. I am always afraid that the sophomore album might go a bit wonky because the artist/group wants to go in a different direction or they do something dramatic. And I'm not saying that it doesn't work, but sometimes...it doesn't. For Blind Pilot, they're soft jam of indie folk; the trumpet, banjo, and sweet voices of Luke and Kati work so well together, hearing the second album is like melting butter.
Stream here. Buy and download it on their website, amazonmp3, or iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment