Thursday, December 29, 2011

Of Monsters And Men : My Head Is An Animal


Twitter is used for a lot of things: gossip, news, thoughts, ideas, mindless drivel and a lot of hashtags. But once in a while you come across a gem of a tweet. This particular tweet led me to an Icelandic band called Of Monsters And Men. I listened to their songs once, put them in the back of my music drawer, and didn't touch them for a while...until they shuffled right into the speakers of my car this afternoon. 'Your Bones' came on and then 'Yellow Light', I couldn't turn back and I didn't want to. It almost pained me to get out of my car and stop the music. I marvel in co-singer Raggi's and co-singer Nanna's voices; almost like a whisper but also a whipping force. The songs swing from cymbal thrashing to strong choruses to airy beginnings to crescendo endings (my favorite).
My Head Is An Animal is due for worldwide release sometime in 2012, mark your calendars (or start YouTubing if you can't resist).



No comments:

Post a Comment