Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bon Iver : Bon Iver


Even without my review, you probably have this album on your iTunes, in the back of your mind, or in the list of "People You Must Listen To In 2011". If you are not in any of these situations, I suggest you get into one of them...right now. Wisconsin-raised Bon Iver's latest album self-titled, Bon Iver, has blown everyone out of the water since its release in June. Justin Vernon's velvety voice intertwined with the subtle rings, saxophone tunes, and trembling keys puzzle perfectly in each of its tracks. 
I kind of filed this album under "Travel Music". Partially because as my plane was on its way to landing in New York "Holocene" rang in my headphones, "I can see for miles, miles, miles..."
Could you imagine a song more fitting than "Holocene"?
He's also been named one of the musical acts to see this year so if you're lucky, maybe you can score some tickets and be wowed. Send me a picture- so I can live vicariously through your experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment