Friday, May 13, 2011

The Head and the Heart : The Head and the Heart

I am a sucker for harmonies and strings. The Head and the Heart combines both. And as I play them walking to school, I can't help but daydream of being in one of their music videos. You know you've done it before. It's one of those music videos where you're dreamily walking down a sidewalk or trail and there are beautiful, enormous green trees and then the frame switches to the band playing in a field of flowers or something like that. That kind of daydreaming.
They started in 2009, released their self-titled album in Summer of 2010. They recently played in the Austin's SXSW festival, were announced as a "Band Crush" on Nylon, debuted on Conan, and now they are on tour. Do I see things happening for this band? You tell me. The facts are all there. My personal favorite song is "Down in the Valley". It's folksy, acoustic, and harmonically-pleasing.


The Head and the Heart - Down in the Valley by subpop

No comments:

Post a Comment